Having family over from Sweden is always a good excuse for a party! When more hands get stuck in to peel and chop, laughter is roaring over tumblers of wine – it doesn’t matter that it’s raining, in fact, it’s quite fun!
Fresh minty borlotti beans; peeled by grandma. A butterflied leg of lamb; marinated and rubbed by Ida. Chili and garlic; finely chopped by Stina.
For this feast, that ended in the early hours after most of Nick’s secret stash of slow gin had been drunk, we had sweet potato, red pepper and yellow courgette woked over the barbie. Grilled lettuce with olive oil, chili, lemon and salt. A very lemony lamb and minty beans. And lots of red wine!
- Butterflied leg of lamb marinated in lemon zest, salt and rosemary.
- Head of lettuce dressed with; lemon juice, chili and salt
- Sweet potato, red pepper, onion and yellow courgette wok
- Fresh berlotti beans in olive oil, fresh mint, salt and pepper
- A charred lemon to squeeze over the lamb once cooked and cut