A few days ago we made this garlic and ginger pork belly that was absolutely delicious.
Nick brings home little treasures from the Hong Kong markets for me and I had a daikon left that hadn’t been used. A fresh and sharp daikon salad worked really well with the sticky and rich pork belly. This salad is in between a salad and a pickle.
The marinated belly pork cooked on low heat for about 3 hours.
- Pork belly marinade:
- Soy sauce
- Finely chopped ginger, chili and garlic
- A bit of honey for the last 5 minutes if you like it sweet and sticky
- Sesame oil and sesame seeds to pur over just before serving
- Daikon salad:
- Finely chopped daikon, works just as well with radishes
- Lime juice
- Red onion
- I had some yellow courgette growing in the garden so I trew those in too for a bit of colour.